Friday, May 2, 2008

French Truffles Obsession

That's it! I'm addicted to Trufettes de France. These are little pieces of heaven that comes in a box.

An opened box in hand and lounging like the great Cleopatra on the sofa, I’m off to lala-land as I engage myself in my personal ritual of chocolate solemnity. I give in to the marvelous scent and taste of this chocolate. I bite and let it melt in my mouth … until I swallow an enormous mouthfuls and dreams aplenty. A truffle is all it takes. And to experience this explosion of love in your mouth, there's a certain way on enjoying it according to what's written on the side of the box.

“How to taste these delicate truffles: place them at an ambient temperature of 19-20°C one hour in advance and savour them in the height of their aroma and smoothness.”

Yup! One hour in advance. But a girl like me can't wait that long for any chocolate. :) I admit that I sometimes eat these babies straight out my fridge while being so aware that I am cheating myself out of what is meant to be a “food-gasmic” experience.

Although it is now available in the country, the price is ridiculously expensive. I get mine from Canada where it is sold like half the price here.

Enjoying them as is, is one thing but using it to make a dessert is a whole different experience. Of course the sensual experience in the mouth is quite lost (okay, different) but flavorwise, it retains it's characteristics big time!

Sooo... how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

I have melted and made these babies into a sinfully good cupcake, flourless cake, rich bittersweet mousse and cute little chocolate tarts.

My Grand Truffle Cupcake Tree

Flourless Chocolate-Kahlua Cake with Chocolate-Kahlua Icing

I have paired it with Kahlua, hazelnuts, coffee, cherry, lavender, mint, orange... it tastes even fantastic! I'm glad to say I never felt I wasted a good chocolate with it.

To conclude,
Truffettes de France are not your-average-ordinary confections. Translated as Truffles of France, these rightfully called “food of the gods”.

Original.. My favorite!

How exquisite is that?!

No comments: